Tuesday, November 16, 2010

dinnertime

Tonight I took Franca to La Mangiatoia, a really authentic, delicious, and inexpensive trattoria in the Oltrarno. Over "Supernapoli" pizza and gnocchi alla sorrentina we discussed everything from her family and regional Italian cuisine to the Madonna music that served as the soundtrack to our meal. Turns out Franca's a fan, as is the owner of La Mangiatoia, apparently, considering Madonna was playing ALL NIGHT.

Our waiter took a photo, but, surprise surprise, I'm unable to upload it into this post. Eh.

I am really going to miss "speaking" this language on a daily basis. (I put "speaking" in quotations because I feel like "grunting" or "burping" are more fitting words here than speaking. I'm still a beginner in every sense of the word, but I know SO much more than I did four months ago.) Can't wait to continue studying when I get back to the U.S... and to return to Italy in the future with improved sKiLlZ. I'm already envisioning my return, and I haven't even left yet.

I had class in front of Michelangelo's David today. This same class met in front of Donatello's David on Thursday. Whatever, right?

Buona notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment